Tuesday, September 6, 2011

12 friends+180 miles= Grand Teton Relay!!:))








A couple weeks ago I did the Grand Teton Relay.....it was one of the hardest things I've ever done! And it wasn't even the 16 miles that my 3 legs added up to,it was lack of sleep,shower,the heat and running in the middle of the pitch black night w nothing but a head lamp!! (did I mention it was in the mountains,and people say it's grizzly country)needless to say that 5mile run I did about midnight I don't even remember cause I was running as fast as I could go..or at least as fast as I could see!!!ha!;) I made some great new lifelong friends though and it was such a great experience! The run w the Tetons in the morning as the sun came up really was SO pretty!Trav and the twinners met me up in Driggs to see us finish! They were so proud of me,it was super cute!My dad came to the starting line to see our team off in Ashton,thanks dad!!! It was great to see him there cheering us on! If you would have asked me if I was ever going to do it again the day after I finished I probably would have said HECK no......but now I think maybe I'll be back next year at it again!;))))

1 comment:

Kevin and Kelly said...

You're awesome! I am intimidated by those! Maybe someday :)! Great job :)!! By the way you look great for lack of sleep and shower lol seriously :)!