Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!





































Well we had a pretty nice,low key 4th of July! My mom had been staying w/ us for the week, so we were sad that my dad wanted her back on the morning of the 4th! :( We went to our friend Chris's for a barbque, the twins were a little shy till they got to the backyard and saw the trampoline and the swingset and the playhouse, then they were in heaven! My camera died during the barbque,but luckily my great friend Cami saved the day w/ her awesome camera, so I'm using the pics she took instead of the ones I took!! :) After the barbque we just went home, we were both worn out from chasing the twins all day!:) Of course we didn't make it to the fireworks because I am the strict bedtime mom.....7:30!!!! Ha! :) Maybe next year I'll bend the rules and we'll watch the fireworks! Hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July!!! :)

4 comments:

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

I am so the same way with bedtime! Now even if I do try to keep them up late they don't want too! They go get their blankets all on their own! Luke and Mia looked so cute (as always) in their patriotic outfits! I just about bought the white one but I know I have a messy girl and we can't keep white clean for more than 10 minutes! I am glad you had a great 4th too!

Brooke said...

Cute pictures of your kids! When I update my blog, you will see that Justin is wearing the same shirt Luke is:) We didn't go to the fireworks either. I am just as strict as you are with bedtime. It wasn't worth it to me to have a late night, and then 9am church the next morning. I'm glad you had a good day though.

Anonymous said...

What cute kids! I think they are turning blonde~ Isn't it time for another one? ;)

Harmony

Shelley said...

Seriously,..could the 4th of July be any "Cuter"? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cutest outfits, the red white and blue,..etc. etc. Your twinners looked adorable and festive! ;) -Sorry I haven't been in touch. Having twins is kinda,..um,..LIFE CHANGING!!!! I'm exhausted! Trying to get in the swing of things,...but I'll get there. ;) Thanks for checking in on me. I am now positive that we will have a LIFE LONG friendship. You can't get rid of me now because I am going to need a bjillion pep talks over the next 18 years! ;) Things are going good though. I couldn't possibly love them any more! -Whew,..but did I tell you it's LIFE CHANGING?! ;)