Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day weekend!!














































Well I've been trying to keep up on the blog, so here goes! :) We went up to my parents cabin in Island park over Memorial Day, it was so nice to get away for a bit, the twins slept the whole ride up so that was nice! They had a blast, they went up to Big Springs and fed the fish,although Luke was trying to jump in w/ the fish so I was a bit nervous around all that water! Also my parents are building a big new house across the street from the other one that is all "grandkid friendly", anyone that knows my mom knows she's all about the grandkids...(you'd think she had like 50,and she only has 4!) Lol! So the twins went over there to look around and check things out.They got to finish off the day w/ a bath in Grammies HUGE tub, which they loved also! One of the other days that we were in town they played in the playground w/ their cousins Atlee and Dax (although none of those pics turned out) it's so hard to get good pics these days, which I say all the time!
As far as a "Twinner update" they are 17 1/2 months old, and we have conquered the biggest challenge that I have yet to face, 3 days ago they said goodbye to their bottles!!! I threw them away,w/ the help of my mom! ;) The picture in the carseats was on Sat. and they had their last one on Tues.!They are doing great w/ out them, I think it was harder for me than them,but my goal was by their 18 month appt. to not have them at all anymore...so we've made it!! They are such big kids now!! (A little cranky these last few days,but we're getting better)! :)
P.S. Sorry, there are alot of pics and they are in No order!!! It takes me to long!! ;)

3 comments:

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

I love that there are lots of pictures! I know what you mean about letting the bottles go, I think it was harder for me to let them go and admit that they aren't really babies anymore...but life is so great without them, and so much easier! They are cute as ever!

Brooke said...

Cute pictures! Where was the first one taken? The play area looks clean, so I know it wasn't at Artic Circle:)

RAMSEYS said...

Sooo cute... I wish I would of done that with the bottle! I hate the bottle, but right now my anxiety cant take her screaming for it. Weve thrown it in the trash and she says by and then retrieves it, I need to not be such a guppy.